Conditionally accepted at the Review of Economic Studies
NOTE : In the case of publications that are not open-access, downloading, copying or printing for, or on behalf of, any for-profit commercial firm or other commercial purpose should not be done without the explicit permission of the corresponding publisher.
Economic Policy forthcoming
Journal of Political Economy forthcoming
NBER Macroeconomics Annual, 34, 2019, 141-170
The Economic Journal, 129 (621), 2019, 2010-2038
Read a non-technical summary on VoxEu
Quarterly Journal of Economics, 132 (1), 2017, 55-102
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, 8 (3), 2016, 42-76
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 46 (8), 2014, 1591-1626
Macroeconomic Dynamics, 18 (1), 2014, 175-198
Journal of the European Economic Association, 11 (5), 2013, 1053-1078
Journal of Economic Theory, 145 (3), 2010, 1005-1032
Short Bio and Picture
Davide Debortoli is an Associate Professor at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF), a Research Associate at the Center for Research in International Economics (CREi), an affiliated professor at the Barcelona GSE and a Research Fellow at the Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR) in London. He has been an Assistant Professor at the University of California San Diego (UCSD), a Visiting Scholar at the Norges Bank, and was awarded the Wim Duisenberg Fellowship from the Europan Central Bank (ECB) in 2020.
- Optimal Fiscal Policy without Commitment: Revisiting Lucas-Stokey, (with R. Nunes and P. Yared), Journal of Political Economy, forthcoming.
- On the Empirical (Ir)Relevance of the Zero Lower Bound Constraint, (with J. Galí and L. Gambetti), NBER Macroeconomics Annual, 34, 2019, 141-170
- Designing a Simple Loss Function for the Fed: Does the Dual Mandate Make Sense?, (with J. Kim, J. Lindé and R. Nunes), The Economic Journal, 129 (621), 2019, 2010-2038.
- Optimal Time-Consistent Government Debt Maturity, (with R. Nunes and P. Yared), Quarterly Journal of Economics, 132 (1), 2017, 55-102.
- Fiscal Policy under Loose Commitment, (with R. Nunes), Journal of Economic Theory, 145 (3), 2010, 1005-1032.