Previously circulated as “Asymmetric Effects of Monetary Policy Easing and Tightening”
Short Bio and Picture
Davide Debortoli is an ICREA Research Professor at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF), a Research Associate at the Centre de Recerca en Economia Internacional (CREI), a Barcelona School of Economics Research Professor (BSE) and a Research Fellow at the Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR) in London. He has been an Assistant Professor at the University of California San Diego (UCSD), a Visiting Scholar at the Norges Bank, and was awarded the Wim Duisenberg Fellowship from the Europan Central Bank (ECB) in
- Optimal Fiscal Policy without Commitment: Revisiting Lucas-Stokey, (with R. Nunes and P. Yared), Journal of Political Economy, forthcoming.
- Understanding the Size of Government Spending Multiplier: It’s in the Sign, (with R. Barnichon and C. Matthes), The Review of Economic Studies, forthcoming.
- On the Empirical (Ir)Relevance of the Zero Lower Bound Constraint, (with J. Galí and L. Gambetti), NBER Macroeconomics Annual, 34, 2019, 141-170
- Optimal Time-Consistent Government Debt Maturity, (with R. Nunes and P. Yared), Quarterly Journal of Economics, 132 (1), 2017, 55-102.
- Fiscal Policy under Loose Commitment, (with R. Nunes), Journal of Economic Theory, 145 (3), 2010, 1005-1032.
NOTE : In the case of publications that are not open-access, downloading, copying or printing for, or on behalf of, any for-profit commercial firm or other commercial purpose should not be done without the explicit permission of the corresponding publisher.
American Economic Review: Insights, 4(2), 2021, 255–270
Journal of Political Economy, 129(5), 2021, 1640-1665
The Review of Economic Studies, 89(1), 2021, 87-117
Economic Policy, 36 (106), 2021, 195-236
Economic Policy, 35 (104), 2020, 587-634
Economic Policy, 35(103), 2020, 461-517
NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2019, 34, 2020, 141-170
The Economic Journal, 129 (621), 2019, 2010-2038
Read a non-technical summary on VoxEu