Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Department of Economics and Business
Ramon Trias Fargas, 25-27
- Econometrics, Statistics and Applied Macroeconomics
NOTE : In the case of publications that are not open-access, downloading, copying or printing for, or on behalf of, any for-profit commercial firm or other commercial purpose should not be done without the explicit permission of the corresponding publisher.
Journal of Monetary Economics, 117, 2021, 689-705
Journal of Econometrics, 220 (2), 2021, 544-561
Quarterly Journal of Economics, 135 (4), 2020, 2255-2298
Review of Economics and Statitics, 100 (2), 2018, 219-231
Review of Economics and Statitics, 99 (3), 2017, 486-498
Econometric Reviews, 35 (4), 2016, 659-687
Journal of Econometrics, 180 (2), 2014, 127-140
Forecasting the Boat Race
In Koopman, S. J. and Shepherd, N. (eds.). Unobserved Components and Time Series Econometrics. Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2014, 90-117.
Short Bio and Picture
Geert Mesters is Assistant Professor of Economics at UPF, an Associate Researcher at Centre de Recerca en Economia Internacional (CREI), and an Affiliated Professor at the Barcelona School of Economics (BSE). He received two PhD degrees in 2015 – one in economics and one in criminology – from the Tinbergen Institute and VU Amsterdam. His research takes place on the intersection between macroeconomics and econometrics. He has extensively published in both fields and his contributions have appeared in, among others, The Quarterly Journal of Economics, The Review of Economics and Statistics, The Journal of Monetary Economics and the Journal of Econometrics. He has received several leading grants in both Spain and The Netherlands (Juan de la Cierva, Ramón y Cajal, and the VENI research grant, respectively) and was awarded a starting grant from the European Research Council (ERC) for his project on Macroeconomic Policy Evaluation.
• “The Phillips Multiplier”, Journal of Monetary Economics, 2021, 117, 689-705.
• “Detecting Granular Time Series in Large Panels”, Journal of Econometrics, 2021, 220 (2), 544-561.
• “Identifying Modern Macro Equations with Old Shocks”, The Quarterly Journal of Economics, 2020, 135 (4), 2255-2298.
• “On the Demographic Adjustment of Unemployment”, The Review of Economics and Statistics, 2018, 100 (2), 219-231.
• “Empirical Bayes Methods for Dynamic Factor Models”, The Review of Economics and Statistics, 2017, 99 (3), 486-498.