Revised March 21, 2020
Read a non-technical summary on VoxEU.
Revisions requested by the Review of Economic Studies
NOTE : In the case of publications that are not open-access, downloading, copying or printing for, or on behalf of, any for-profit commercial firm or other commercial purpose should not be done without the explicit permission of the corresponding publisher.
The Review of Economic Studies forthcoming
Read a non-technical summary on VOXEU
American Economic Review, 109 (11), 2019, 3745-3779
Read a non-technical summary on VoxEU
The Review of Economic Studies, 85 (3), 2018, 1425-1470
Journal of the European Economic Association, 16 (5), 2018, 1394-1432
Journal of International Economics, 95(2), 2015, 202-215
Journal of International Money and Finance, 55, 2015, 60-87
The Scandinavian Journal of Economics, 116 (1), 2014, 58-86
Short Bio and Picture
Luca Fornaro earned his Ph.D. from the London School of Economics. He is a Senior Researcher at the Center for Research in International Economics (CREi), Adjunct Professor at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF), and Research Professor at the Barcelona GSE. He is also a Research Affiliate at the Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR) in London, and has been a Visiting Scholar at the Bank of England, the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. His research interests include international macroeconomics, monetary economics and economic growth.
- “Monetary Policy for a Bubbly World”, (with Asriyan, A. Martin and J. Ventura), The Review of Economic Studies, forthcoming.
- “The Paradox of Global Thrift”, (with F. Romei), American Economic Review, 109 (11), 2019, 3745-3779.
- “Stagnation Traps”, (with G. Benigno), The Review of Economic Studies, 85 (3), 2018, 1425-1470.
- “International Debt Deleveraging”, Journal of the European Economic Association, 16 (5), 2018, 1394-1432.
- “Financial Crises and Exchange Rate Policy”, Journal of International Economics, 95 (2), 2015, 202-215.
Managing Capital Flows in the 21st Century , by L. Fornaro, International Finance, 22 (2), 2019, 439-446.