Previously circulated as “Capital Misallocation and Secular Stagnation”
Previously circulated as “The Interaction between Household and Firm Dynamics and the Amplification of Financial Shocks”
Revised February 2019
NOTE : In the case of publications that are not open-access, downloading, copying or printing for, or on behalf of, any for-profit commercial firm or other commercial purpose should not be done without the explicit permission of the corresponding publisher.
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control forthcoming
Journal of Financial Economics, 133 (3), 2019, 589-607
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, 11 (2), 2019, 275–309
Review of Economic Dynamics, Special Issue on Misallocation and Productivity, 16 (1), 2013, 177-193
Research Economics, 55 (2), 2001, 219-254
Applied Financial Economics, 10 (3), 2000, 323-341
Review of Financial Studies forthcoming
Entrepreneurial Risk, Investment and Innovation, Journal of Financial Economics, 106 (2), 2012, 287-307.
Financing Constraints and Fixed Term Employment Contracts, (with V. Cuñat), The Economic Journal, 118 (533), 2008, 2013-2046.
Coverage: Nada es Gratis, LaVoce.info, Personnel Today
Testing Financing Constraints on Firm Investment Using Variable Capital, Journal of Financial Economics, 86 (3), 2007, 683-723.
Financing Constraints, Irreversibility and Investment Dynamics, Journal of Monetary Economics, 54 (7), 2007, 2012-2130.
Short Bio and Picture
Andrea Caggese earned his PhD in Economics at the London School of Economics and Political Science in 2002. Currently he is an Associate Professor at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF), an Affiliated Professor at Barcelona GSE, and a Research Associate at the Center for Research in International Economics (CREI). He is also the Coordinator of the Master of Research in Economics, Finance and Management at the Department of Economics and Business at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). He was Awarded a Recercaixa Grant in 2014, and he has been a Visiting researcher at Boston University in 2015-2016. His work has appeared in the American Economic Journals: Macroeconomics, Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, the Journal of Monetary Economics, the Economic Journal and the Review of Economic Dynamics, among others. His research interests include Macro-Finance, Firm Dynamics, and Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- “Cyclical Fluctuations, Financial Shocks, and the Entry of Fast Growing Entrepreneurial Startups”, (with Christoph Albert) 2020, Forthcoming, The Review of Financial Studies
- “Financing Constraints, Radical versus Incremental Innovation, and Aggregate productivity”, 2019, American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, Vol 11, April 2019, 275-309.
- “Firing the Wrong Workers: Financing Constraints and Labor Misallocation”, (with Vicente Cunat and Daniel Metzger) Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 133, Issue 3, September 2019, Pages 589-607.
- “Financing Constraints, Firm Dynamics, Export Decisions, and Aggregate Productivity”, (with V. Cuñat), Review of Economic Dynamics, 16(1), 177-193, 2013.
- “Entrepreneurial Risk, Investment and Innovation”, Journal of Financial Economics, 106(2), 287-307, 2012.