BSE Summer Forum: Workshop on ‘Geography, Trade and Growth’
June 13-14, 2023
Organized by Alessandra Bonfiglioli (University of Bergamo, and QMUL), Gino Gancia (University of Milano-Bicoca and QMUL), Elisa Giannone (CREI, UPF and BSE), Dávid K. Nagy (CREI, UPF and BSE), Giacomo Ponzetto (CREI, UPF, IPEG and BSE) and Edouard Schaal (ICREA-CREI, UPF and BSE).
This workshop is focused on the interplay between economic geography, trade in products and production factors, and their relationship to economic growth. We encourage submissions of theoretical and empirical papers addressing issues including:
• The causes and consequences of the spatial distribution of economic activity.
• The evolution of economic geography in response to globalization.
• The interaction between trade, geography and growth.
• The effect of technological change and trade on the global organization of production.
• The political economy of trade, growth and spatial misallocation.