Asset Prices and the Business Cycle
December 15-16, 2011
Organized by Jaume Ventura (CREI, UPF), Alberto Martin (CREI, UPF), Ander Pérez (UPF) and Andrea Caggese (UPF)
Ten contributions were presented covering a broad range of research topics in Macroeconomics and Finance, including the role of financial innovation, the macroeconomic effects of asset bubbles, the interaction between financial markets and labor markets and the effects of monetary and fiscal policy. The event ended with a roundtable discussion of research directions in the field.
The event brought together 27 academics and researchers from European, North American academic and financial institutions. UPF faculty and Master & PhD students also attended.
List of participants
Call for papers
Working papers available
- The Dynamics of Sovereign Debt Crises in a Monetary Union H. Uhlig and F. Roch (02/09/2011)
- Monetary Policy and Rational Asset Price Bubbles J. Galí (20/11/2011)
- International Recessions V. Quadrini and F. Perri (02/12/2011)
- Dynamic Macroprudential Supervision F. Malherbe (07/12/2011)
- Bubbles, Bank and Financial Stability K. Nikolov and K. Aoki (15/12/2011)
- Bubbly Business Cycles V. Carvalho, A. Martin and J. Ventura (15/12/2011)
- Precautionary Savings A. Perez (15/12/2011)
- Tranching CDS and Asset Prices: How Financial Innovation Can cause Bubbles and Crashes A. Fostel and J. Geneakoplos (15/12/2011)