Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Department of Economics and Business
Ramon Trias Fargas, 25-27
NOTE : In the case of publications that are not open-access, downloading, copying or printing for, or on behalf of, any for-profit commercial firm or other commercial purpose should not be done without the explicit permission of the corresponding publisher.
Journal of Financial Economics forthcoming
International Economic Review, 61 (1), 2020, 383-416
Journal of the European Economic Association, 17 (6), 2019, 1881-1940
American Economic Review, 108 (8), 2018, 2335-2365
SERIES: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, 6 (3), 2015, 279-312
Journal of Monetary Economics, 66, 2014, 193-209
Short Bio and Picture
Manuel García-Santana works in the field of macroeconomics, with special interest in trade, growth and development. He earned a PhD in Economics from CEMFI in 2012. During the period 2012-2015 he was a postdoctoral researcher at the Université Libre de Bruxelles. Currently he is an Assistant Professor at UPF, an Associate Researcher at CREI, and an Affiliated Professor at Barcelona GSE. He is also a CEPR Research Affiliate of the Macroeconomics and Growth group. His papers have been published in top journals such as American Economic Review, Journal of Monetary Economics, and International Economic Review. Currently, his Google citation index is 429 with an h-index of 7. In 2020, he was awarded (together with José Asturias and Roberto Ramos) the Hicks-Tinbergen medal 2020 for the best paper published in the Journal of European Economic Association over the past two years.
- “On the Direct and Indirect Real Effects of Credit Supply Shocks”, (with L. Alfaro and E. Moral-Benito), Journal of Financial Economics, forthcoming.
- “Growing like Spain: 1995-2007”, (with E. Moral-Benito, J. Pijoan-Mas, and R. Ramos), International Economic Review, 2020, 61 (1), 383-416.
- “Competition and the Welfare Gains from Transportation Infrastructure: Evidence from the Golden Quadrilateral of India”, (with J. Asturias and R. Ramos), Journal of European Economic Association, 17 (6), 2019, 1881-1940.
- “From Final Goods to Inputs: The Protectionist Effect of Rules of Origin”, (with P. Conconi, L. Puccio, and R. Venturini), American Economic Review, 108 (8), 2018, 2335-65.
- “The Reservation Laws in India and the Misallocation of Production Factors”, (with J. Pijoan-Mas), Journal of Monetary Economics, 66, 2014, 193-209.